Tuesday, May 19, 2015

The Power of Fresh Bread

We all know the smell of baking bread, or at least the smell of bread that has been made less than 6 hrs ago. You know, that smell that's all warm and makes your mouth water.

Well, it's no small feat to make fresh bread in my small apartment. With virtually no room to knead, I've opted for an electronic bread maker. I've recently acquired one from a thrift store (via my brother). At a value of $6 it makes a pretty decent loaf! I'm looking forward to trying out as many recipes as I can.

And, in addition to that lovely smell, fresh bread is way better than bread you get from a factory. Many types of bread that you can pick up at your local grocery store contain all sorts of preservatives. When I was co-teaching in an Applied Science class we did a lab to test how fast bread would mold over. I'll never look at white bread the same again...

So, besides the rich smell and wonderful taste of bread that I know (and can pronounce) all the ingredients, no wonky preservatives here!

Seriously, flour, sugar, water, yeast, salt, and other mix-ins make delightful creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment