Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Substitute Teacher Binder


I severely dislike when I am absent from work. Perhaps it's just the American Protestant work ethic kicking in, but it's disconcerting to come back after having been out to find my desk and classroom a mess. So, I made a Sub Binder to try and combat this.


I took one of my binders that I inherited from the previous teacher in my room. It's one that had graphics on the cover for an outdated reading program that won't run on computers today. Throw on a title page and some duct tape (the one you see is the Stick Together roll where a portion of the cost goes to stop bullying in schools) and hello organization.

Inside, I put my sub plans and any materials that the sub might need. Some lined paper, sticky notes to label what period worksheets are for, a loaner pen, etc. 

When I came back after laying out this binder for my sub - it was great. Also, it helped that the sub had been amazing himself. He's certainly gone on the list of preferred subs! 

I've also done my fair share of subbing before gaining a full time teaching position. It sucks trying to find the materials when they aren't in the same spot and you don't know if there are certain classroom rules. Hopefully, this binder will help whomever comes in my room to cover for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment